Tuesday 11 October 2011

New Studio: All’s Well That Ends In Clerkenwell.

New Studio: All’s Well That Ends In Clerkenwell.

Afternoon!

I probably need to start with a massive apology. I haven’t blogged for donkey’s years, but, my friends, there is a very good reason for that: I’ve moved into a new studio!

Well, technically, have I ‘moved’? The thing is, I’ve never had a studio before. Before now I've made it my habit to beg, steal and borrow space from other people, so it's brilliant to finally have a place to call my own. That's why having a studio is very new, very busy and very cool for me! 

I’m now in a brilliant space at The Clerkenwell Workshops. The whole place is buzzing with creatives, entrepreneurs and tech-heads. My studio is modern, comfortable and very practical: it's a Shoot Space.

It’s as long as an elephant’s nosebag, which is really useful for photography. I’ve put in some beautiful chairs so that my friends and clients need never suffer any unnecessary back-pain. Also, I am particularly proud of my bin. It looks like Artoo-Detoo who, some might argue, looks like a bin.

I’ve been in the studio for two months now, and I've had a big realisation: furniture is difficult.

That may not make sense straight away, but trust me. I’ve been in this studio for over two months - that’s well over 60 days, a lot more than 1440 hours - and I still can’t find the stuff I’m looking for. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got a load of top-notch bits and bobs, but my appetite for soft furnishings has not yet been satiated.

I think my problem is that I only want really, really, really, really good stuff. I want my studio to look amazing in that retro-chic kinda way. I don’t want the place to look like a particular Scandinavian-budget-furniture-outlet vomited all over the place.

Ah well, I am very happy with what I’ve got and I kind of enjoy sniffing around for more! Drop in and have a look if you want? I’m serious! The studio is on the Basement level of Clerkenwell Workshops, on your left as you’re coming down the stairs, you can’t miss it. I’m the good looking chap with the beard, fyi.

I’ll blog again soon, don’t you worry. I won’t disappear off the face of the earth again. There’s a lot going on my end what with all the shoots, and I’ve got a couple of projects up my sleeve that I need to tell you about.

Until then, keep up to speed with everything Cary Hammond by following @hammondtweets on Twitter. It’d be brilliant to chat.

Cary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter