Tuesday 1 November 2011

Pop In or Pop Up? Two of My Latest Projects


Afternoon!

Um... Sorry.

I swear to you that I even believed myself when I said that this blog was going to be weekly. I know it’s no excuse, but I am a very busy man! I’ve shot loads of portraits for AXA, I’ve got some beautiful shots and met some great people. Also my studio has been overrun with visitors. Although photography takes me outdoors a lot of the time, having a studio is really paying dividends. I can’t wait ‘til I can show you all some of my favourites.

And I’ve got two pretty cool projects to tell you about: Pop In Portraits and Pop Up Gallery.

Pop Up Galleries is the future of art. It is an insightful project of mine that really pushes the boundaries of art and social media. I genuinely think that I am spearheading a ground breaking development. No, I’m pulling your leg, it is pretty good though!

Every day I’m uploading a photograph of mine to Twitter, via @hammondtweets. I’ve already starting uploading, so head on over to the Twittersphere and have a butch if the mood takes you.

There is no ‘theme’ to the photographs, I select which image is ‘popping up’ completely at random. One day it could be Cheryl Cole, the next it’s Dynamo the Magician. The only unifying theme behind the photographs is that they were taken by yours truly. It’d be great if you could have a look, and tell me what you think.

The second event I’d like to tell you about is all about you.

No, seriously, it could be! ‘Pop In Portraits’ is something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time, and now that I’ve got my own space, I can.

This project does exactly what it says on the tin. Anyone who wants to pop in to my studio and have their photograph taken, they can. I want to capture one-thousand different people by the end of ‘Pop In Portraits, and I’m nowhere near that at the moment. I would love to meet you, and to take your photograph.

The overall aim of the project is to pull all of the images together – every single one of them – into one huge entity. The end product will be like a little community of its own. One thousand people collected in one place.

So come over to my place! My studio’s located to the left as you come down the stairs to the basement at the lovely Clerkenwell Workshops http://tiny.cc/gl05q.

Who knows, your Pop In Portrait may become an installment in the Pop Up Gallery?! One day it’ll be Pixie Lott, the next day it’s you, then it’s Black Eyed Peas. You’re keeping good company nowadays, eh?

In my next blog I need to tell you about my new flooring, it’s quality! My thanks to Bolon for that. I’ll tell you more next time, and maybe upload a cheeky picture, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter